BC Soccer Club Charter
Okanagan FC is proud to be recognized as a BC Soccer Charter Club (Standard One). BC Soccer’s Charter Program is designed to assist and support members (full and associate) and affiliated soccer clubs with the objective of providing players, parents, referees, and coaches assurance that a charter organization is operating and meeting set standards both on and off the field. Charter Club standards criteria are listed below, and more information on the program can be found at https://clubcharter.bcsoccer.net/
- The organization demonstrates that it makes available and communicates Canada Soccer & BC Soccer Resources to its members/customers.
- The organization supports and displays on its website the following BC Soccer images;
- Player Pathway image
- Coach Pathway image
- Referee Pathway image
- Club Pathway image
- The organization’s programming adheres to Canada Soccer’s Long Term Player Development stages that the organization offers.
- The organization uses Coach Code of Conduct forms aligned with BC Soccer.
- The organization demonstrates it has a designated Technical Lead, who is a trained Coach.
- The organization’s Player Development Program adheres to the LTPD Priorities for their respective stages they deliver programming for.
- The organization demonstrates it provides bi-annual reports on the coach certification for coaches with the organization.
- The organization demonstrates it only schedules BC Soccer Registered Referees for all organization activity.
- The organization is registered with the province of British Columbia as a Society, Sole Proprietorship, Partnership, or Incorporation.
- The organization has published Constitution & Bylaws (if a registered society) and/or Operational documentation that align/adhere to BC Soccer’s Constitution & Bylaws and/or Rules & Regulations
- The organization is a member in good standing with their direct governing soccer body and works collaboratively with other BC Soccer members, including compliance with BC Soccer Rules & Regulations.
- The organization can provide to their direct governing soccer body upon request or in line with submission deadlines, the following:
- Annual General Meeting minutes for the previous year (if a registered society),
- A Financial Report for the previous year (if a registered society),
- Verification of its GST number (if a for profit organization)
- Evidence that all Board Members/Ownership have signed a Conflict of Interest Statement
- Evidence that all Board Members/Ownership have signed an Oath of Confidentiality
- The organization has policies that align with BC Soccer and are accessible by its members/customers regarding the below:
- Criminal Record Checks
- Player Safety
- Conduct, Ethics and Discipline
- The organization adheres to BC Soccer, Canada Soccer and FIFA sanctioning regulations.
- The organization demonstrates it has a website.
- The organization provides to their direct governing soccer body upon request or in line with submission deadlines, the following:
- Evidence of compliance with BC Soccer Risk Management regulation being Criminal Record Check management.
- Player and team official registration and certification information.
- Board Members/Ownership and Staff positions including contact information.