At Okanagan FC, we encourage our parents to be excited about their children playing great soccer. We want our parents to enjoy the sport as much as the players. However, we also want parents to be aware of how to behave within a soccer club environment and how to model that great behaviour to the players.
All parents should read and abide by our code of conduct below. In addition to this, BC Soccer have produced an excellent Guide For Soccer Parents which is full of extra guidance and information. You can download the guide HERE.
1. I pledge to provide positive support, care, and encouragement for our children participating in Okanagan FC and all other children participating in the sport of soccer.
2. I will encourage good sportsmanship by supporting all players and applauding both teams.
3. As a parent, I will be respectful to all players, coaches, game officials, parents and the public at large at all games, practices and events.
4. I will encourage and teach our children to always treat all players, coaches, parents, fans and officials with respect.
5. I will place the emotional well-being of all children ahead of any personal desire to win. We must always remember that the game and the experience is primarily for the children and secondarily for the adults.
6. I will demand and respect a drug, alcohol and smoke-free environment for our children and all children participating in the sport of soccer.
7. I will encourage and teach team spirit and will endeavour to have my child attend all games, practices and team events relate to the soccer season
8. I will discuss any differences with coaches, fans and officials away and distant from all children in a calm and dignified manner. We understand that the coach is in charge and has the position of authority over the children during games, practices and events.
9. I agree to follow club policies in regards to any disputes with coaches and officials.
10. I will always remember to set an exemplary example in all respect of the sport of soccer for the children
11. I will not accept or participate in bullying of any player, coach, official or parent physically, verbally or emotionally.
12. I acknowledge that the welfare of children and young people is, and must always be, the paramount consideration.
13. I acknowledge that all persons and especially children and young people have a right to be protected from abuse regardless of their age, gender, disability, culture, language, racial origin, religious beliefs or sexual orientation.
The full BC Soccer policy regarding standards of conduct, ethics and behaviour is available to download HERE