1. I pledge to place the emotional and physical well-being of my players and game officials ahead of any personal desire to win.
2. I will always keep the players best interests at heart and will do my best to teach them the game of soccer through a positive attitude, good sportsmanship and fair play.
3. I will always strive to maximize the individual potential of each player and to provide an equal opportunity to all players while respecting each player’s level of commitment.
4. I will develop a team spirit and encourage each player to support one another.
5. I will respect players, parents and game officials, and encourage each player and parent to support and respect the game officials.
6. I will do my best to provide a safe and secure playing environment and facility.
7. I promise to review and practice the necessary first aid principles needed to assess and, where appropriate, treat injuries of my players.
8. I will advise and demand that my players, their parents and assistant coaches respect all Club Codes of Conduct.
9. I will do my best to organize practices that are fun and challenging for all players.
10. I will provide opportunities for all players, assistant coaches and team staff to become knowledgeable in all rules and regulations pertaining to soccer league in which my team will be playing.
11. I will use soccer coaching techniques appropriate for the development of the age of the child or youth that I teach.
12. I will remember that I am a youth coach and the game is for the benefit and development of the children and youth.
13. I will praise and encourage all of my players.
14. I will not use inappropriate language at any time during practices and or games.
15. I will demand a playing environment that is free from alcohol, tobacco and drugs.
16. I will do my best to create and maintain an enjoyable atmosphere for players, game officials and parents.
Above all else, I will be mindful that my number one priority will always be the safety and well being of all players entrusted to my care.
The full BC Soccer policy regarding conduct, behaviour and ethics is available to download HERE